By Jonathan Michael Gray
Read or Download Oaths and the English Reformation (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern British History) PDF
Similar uk history books
* exhibits the historic value of demanding situations to the kingdom and robust teams. * Demonstrates how rights we take without any consideration were obtained and set into legislations through the years due to the activities of dedicated women and men. a undeniable point of dissent, protest and open debate is a vital a part of united kingdom historical past and democratic strategies.
Within the years following the fantastic Revolution, autonomous slave investors challenged the constitution of the Royal African corporation via announcing their ordinary rights as Britons to exchange freely in enslaved Africans. during this accomplished historical past of the increase and fall of the RAC, William A. Pettigrew grounds the transatlantic slave exchange in politics, now not monetary forces, interpreting the ideological arguments of the RAC and its rivals in Parliament and in public debate.
The following, the eminent historian Christopher Hibbert explores existence in Victorian England, a time while the British Empire was once at its top, while the wealthy English basked within the Pax Britannica and suggestion their development and balance could cross on forever.
This ebook, first released in 1989, recounts the altering perceptions of the geographical region in the course of the 19th- and twentieth-centuries, assisting us to appreciate extra absolutely the problems that experience stimulated our view of the right nation-state, previous and current. many of the chapters are all for ways that Victorian artists, poets, and prose writers portrayed the nation-state in their day; others with the landowners’ notable and expensive nation homes, and their prettification of ‘model’ villages, reflecting stylish romantic and Gothic types.
- The Primacy of Foreign Policy in British History, 1660–2000: How Strategic Concerns Shaped Modern Britain
- Doctor of Society: Tom Beddoes and the Sick Trade in Late-Enlightenment England: Volume 5 (Routledge Library Editions: The History of Social Welfare)
- J. E. Lloyd and the Creation of Welsh History: Renewing a Nation's Past
- SOE in France 1941-1945: An Official Account of the Special Operations Executive’s French Circuits
- John Jewel and the English National Church: The Dilemmas of an Erastian Reformer (St. Andrew's Studies in Reformation History)
- Victorians Against the Gallows: Capital Punishment and the Abolitionist Movement in Nineteenth Century Britain (Library of Victorian Studies)
Additional resources for Oaths and the English Reformation (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern British History)
Oaths and the English Reformation (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern British History) by Jonathan Michael Gray