By Ewan W. Anderson
Read or Download Global Geopolitical Flashpoints: An Atlas of Conflict PDF
Best uk history books
* indicates the old significance of demanding situations to the kingdom and strong teams. * Demonstrates how rights we take with no consideration were bought and set into legislations over the years because of the activities of devoted women and men. a definite point of dissent, protest and open debate is a principal a part of united kingdom historical past and democratic procedures.
Within the years following the wonderful Revolution, self reliant slave investors challenged the constitution of the Royal African corporation through announcing their average rights as Britons to alternate freely in enslaved Africans. during this complete heritage of the increase and fall of the RAC, William A. Pettigrew grounds the transatlantic slave alternate in politics, no longer monetary forces, reading the ideological arguments of the RAC and its rivals in Parliament and in public debate.
Right here, the eminent historian Christopher Hibbert explores lifestyles in Victorian England, a time whilst the British Empire was once at its top, while the wealthy English basked within the Pax Britannica and suggestion their growth and balance might pass on forever.
This e-book, first released in 1989, recounts the altering perceptions of the nation-state through the 19th- and twentieth-centuries, assisting us to appreciate extra totally the problems that experience encouraged our view of the best nation-state, earlier and current. a number of the chapters are fascinated by ways that Victorian artists, poets, and prose writers portrayed the geographical region in their day; others with the landowners’ remarkable and dear state homes, and their prettification of ‘model’ villages, reflecting stylish romantic and Gothic kinds.
- HMS London: Warships of the Royal Navy
- The Reign of Richard Lionheart: Ruler of The Angevin Empire, 1189-1199 (The Medieval World)
- Conquest and Union: Fashioning a British State 1485-1725
- Lordship in Four Realms: The Lacy Family, 1166-1241 (Manchester Medieval Studies MUP)
Extra info for Global Geopolitical Flashpoints: An Atlas of Conflict
Global Geopolitical Flashpoints: An Atlas of Conflict by Ewan W. Anderson