By Rebecca Berens Matzke
Read Online or Download Deterrence through Strength: British Naval Power and Foreign Policy under Pax Britannica (Studies in War, Society, and the Militar) PDF
Similar uk history books
* indicates the historic value of demanding situations to the nation and strong teams. * Demonstrates how rights we take with no consideration were obtained and set into legislation over the years due to the activities of dedicated women and men. a undeniable point of dissent, protest and open debate is a vital a part of united kingdom background and democratic strategies.
Within the years following the wonderful Revolution, autonomous slave investors challenged the constitution of the Royal African corporation via saying their usual rights as Britons to exchange freely in enslaved Africans. during this accomplished heritage of the increase and fall of the RAC, William A. Pettigrew grounds the transatlantic slave alternate in politics, now not monetary forces, studying the ideological arguments of the RAC and its competitors in Parliament and in public debate.
Right here, the eminent historian Christopher Hibbert explores existence in Victorian England, a time while the British Empire was once at its peak, while the filthy rich English basked within the Pax Britannica and idea their development and balance could move on forever.
This publication, first released in 1989, recounts the altering perceptions of the geographical region during the 19th- and twentieth-centuries, aiding us to appreciate extra absolutely the problems that experience stimulated our view of definitely the right nation-state, earlier and current. the various chapters are excited by ways that Victorian artists, poets, and prose writers portrayed the geographical region in their day; others with the landowners’ extraordinary and dear state homes, and their prettification of ‘model’ villages, reflecting trendy romantic and Gothic kinds.
- No Quarter Given: The Muster Roll of Prince Charles Edward Stuart's Army, 1745-46
- Illiam Dhone: Patriot or Traitor?: The Life, Death and Legacy of William Christian
- Socialism and the Challenge of War (RLE The First World War): Ideas and Politics in Britain, 1912-18 (Routledge Library Editions: The First World War)
- Opposing the Slavers: The Royal Navy’s Campaign against the Atlantic Slave Trade
- Isle of Sheppey in the Great War (Towns And Cities)
- Kings and Bishops in Medieval England, 1066-1216
Additional resources for Deterrence through Strength: British Naval Power and Foreign Policy under Pax Britannica (Studies in War, Society, and the Militar)
Deterrence through Strength: British Naval Power and Foreign Policy under Pax Britannica (Studies in War, Society, and the Militar) by Rebecca Berens Matzke