By Paul Adelman,Mike Byrne
Give your scholars the simplest probability of good fortune with this attempted and established sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the preferred, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and review necessities of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- comprises authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- offers exam-style questions and suggestions for every proper specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for quite a few classes including:
- Edexcel: eire and the Union c.1774-1923
- OCR: Britain and eire 1791-1921
Read or Download Access to History: Great Britain and the Irish Question 1774-1923 Fourth Edition PDF
Best uk history books
* exhibits the old significance of demanding situations to the kingdom and robust teams. * Demonstrates how rights we take without any consideration were bought and set into legislation through the years because of the activities of devoted women and men. a definite point of dissent, protest and open debate is a principal a part of united kingdom heritage and democratic strategies.
Within the years following the fantastic Revolution, self reliant slave investors challenged the constitution of the Royal African corporation by way of saying their common rights as Britons to exchange freely in enslaved Africans. during this accomplished heritage of the increase and fall of the RAC, William A. Pettigrew grounds the transatlantic slave alternate in politics, no longer monetary forces, reading the ideological arguments of the RAC and its rivals in Parliament and in public debate.
The following, the eminent historian Christopher Hibbert explores lifestyles in Victorian England, a time whilst the British Empire was once at its top, whilst the filthy rich English basked within the Pax Britannica and proposal their growth and balance may pass on forever.
This publication, first released in 1989, recounts the altering perceptions of the nation-state through the 19th- and twentieth-centuries, supporting us to appreciate extra totally the problems that experience prompted our view of the suitable geographical region, prior and current. a number of the chapters are excited about ways that Victorian artists, poets, and prose writers portrayed the geographical region in their day; others with the landowners’ striking and dear nation homes, and their prettification of ‘model’ villages, reflecting stylish romantic and Gothic types.
- February 1942: Britain's Darkest Days
- The Fear of Invasion: Strategy, Politics, and British War Planning, 1880-1914
- Military Leadership in the British Civil Wars, 1642-1651: 'The Genius of this Age' (Cass Military Studies)
- The Battle of Stonington: Torpedoes, Submarines, and Rockets in the War of 1812
- Weymouth, Dorchester & Portland in the Great War (Your Towns and Cities in the Great War)
Additional resources for Access to History: Great Britain and the Irish Question 1774-1923 Fourth Edition
Access to History: Great Britain and the Irish Question 1774-1923 Fourth Edition by Paul Adelman,Mike Byrne