By Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam
This quantity contains a variety of the Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures awarded each year on the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts. introduced by means of eminent scientists and students, together with Nobel laureates, they conceal a huge spectrum of matters in physics, chemistry, existence technology, arithmetic, historiography and social issues.
This unusual memorial lecture sequence was once inaugurated by way of the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts following a global symposium held in Jerusalem in March 1979 to commemorate the centenary of Albert Einstein's beginning. because Einstein's pursuits, actions and impact weren't limited to theoretical physics yet spanned huge fields affecting society and the welfare of humankind, it was once felt that those memorial lectures may be addressed to scientists, students and erudite laypersons instead of to physicists alone.
- What Can natural arithmetic provide to Society? (W Timothy Gowers, Fields Medalist)
- General Covariance and the Passive Equations of Physics (Shlomo Sternberg, Professor of natural and utilized arithmetic, Harvard University)
- The constitution of Quarks and Leptons (Haim Harari, Professor of Nuclear Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science)
- Beautiful Theories (Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Harmless strength from Nuclei (Carlo Rubbia, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Supramolecular Chemistry: From Molecular info towards Self-Organization and intricate subject (Jean-Marie Lehn, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Chromatin and Transcription (Roger Kornberg, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Energy, setting, and the accountability of Scientists (Yuan T Lee, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Res Ipsa Loquitur: heritage and Mimesis (John E Wansbrough, Professor of Oriental and African stories, collage of London)
Readership: Scientists, scholars and lay people.
Read or Download Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 PDF
Best general physics books
Physics in your ft supplies a set of physics difficulties protecting the wide diversity of issues in classical and sleek physics that have been, or might have been, requested at oral PhD tests at Berkeley. The questions are effortless to formulate, yet a few of them can basically be spoke back utilizing an out-of-the-box technique.
Initially released in 1908, inn applies his history in physics to the research of Christian Theology. He goals to reconcile spiritual doctrine to medical conception, calling for a re-interpretation of biblical texts to permit for the combination of technology whereas concurrently creating a case for the recognition of miracles within the medical group.
Producing random networks successfully and thoroughly is a vital problem for useful functions, and an attractive query for theoretical examine. This publication offers and discusses universal tools of producing random graphs. It starts off with ways corresponding to Exponential Random Graph types, the place the certain chance of every community showing within the ensemble is specific.
The invention of a brand new straightforward particle on the huge Hadron Collider at CERN in 2012 made headlines in international media. in view that we already understand of a big variety of straight forward debris, why did this most up-to-date discovery generate loads pleasure? This small publication finds that this particle offers the main to knowing essentially the most notable phenomena which happened within the early Universe.
- An Introduction to Lasers Theory and Applications
- Applied Solid State Physics
- Physik III: Teil III: Atom-, Molekül- und Quantenphysik (German Edition)
- A Student's Guide to Waves
- In Praise of Simple Physics: The Science and Mathematics behind Everyday Questions (Princeton Puzzlers)
Additional resources for Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1
Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 by Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam